Q.How do I apply?
A.Click the APPLY NOW button found across our website, or click the APPLY NOW app when you visit our Facebook business page.
Q.Do you allow foreigners or Filipinos living abroad to apply?
Yes, we hire Business English trainers from anywhere in the world, provided the following conditions are met. The applicant must:
- have a clearly scanned copy of any valid, national ID (e.g., driver’s license, passport, etc.);
- have a clearly scanned copy of their official transcript of records;
- (if a Filipino citizen currently working abroad) – have a BPI (Bank of the Philippine Islands) savings account, *NOT* a BPI Family Savings bank account.
- (if a Filipino citizen currently working abroad) – have a BIR Taxpayer's ID Number
- (if a non-Filipino citizen living abroad ) – have a verified PayPal account (*Please note that PayPal has governing laws unique to each country).
- (if a non-Filipino citizen living in the Philippines) – have a BPI (Bank of the Philippine Islands) savings account, *NOT* a BPI Family Savings bank account.
- (if a non-Filipino citizen living in the Philippines) – have a BIR Taxpayer's ID Number
Finally, please check whether your country has a no-double-taxation treaty with the Philippines, as you will be receiving tax-deducted pay from us. You may still have to remit taxes to your own government, depending on the existence/non-existence of such aforementioned treaty.
Q.What are the positions available?
A.We are always looking for highly-motivated home-based Business English Trainers to meet the rapid growth of our business. As for other non-teaching positions, they are generally offered to our trainers. This goes for all departments, including HR, Quality Control, Operations, Product Development, Recruitment, etc. So, it all starts with the trainer position.
Q.Do I need to have any teaching experience?
A.Teaching experience is not required. Some of our best trainers started with very little or no teaching experience. Passion and a strong work ethic are far more important than teaching experience. Having said that, it certainly helps to have some teaching experience.
Q.What are your Internet and workstation requirements?
- We require a quiet, well-lit work space at home, free from any distractions that may undermine the quality of lessons delivered.
- All our trainers use desktop or laptop PCs or Macs that are physically attached to a DSL/LAN cable. These must be equipped with the latest FULL version of Skype.
- We do not allow WI-FI connections or teaching via mobile phone or tablet.
- We require a working headset (preferably with noise cancellation, if you are in a noisy environment) as well as a web camera.
- Because of the web cam, we also require our trainers to have a white or light-colored and plain background, with no furniture or other paraphernalia that can be a source of distraction to the learner.
- Finally, we require a WIRED Internet connection with a minimum speed of 1Mbps for download and 0.5Mbps for upload. A physical connection is required for this teaching position, as WI-FI has proven unreliable, particularly during the rainy season.
Q.Can I apply for a DSL line after I get hired?
A.No. All applicants are required to have the proper Internet and workstation requirements before the interview. Unstable connection is one of our greatest concerns for this position and one of the main reasons that applicants do not pass our hiring process. Please show us that you meet this requirement right from the start.
Q.What should I wear during the Interview?
A.Business attire. Please treat this interview as if you were having it in an actual office.
Q.What should I teach on my Demo?
During the preparation stage, you will be given a Bizmates sample lesson plan which you must study beforehand.
Please follow all the instructions given. Please note that failure to watch the videos, read the materials, and listen to the audio sample will lead to an automatic forfeiture of your interview.
Q.Are lesson modules provided for?
A.Yes. Our trainers use Bizmates’ original materials. So there’s no need to spend hours creating your own lesson plans. Nevertheless, you are free to explore and be creative to make your classes interesting for students, as long as it is in conjunction with the lesson module.
Q.How do I contact the student?
A.Here at Bizmates, we use Skype as the only means to contact our students so please be familiar with the main features of Skype.
Q.How can I get regular bookings?
A.The objective is to “wow” your students. Once they are impressed, there’s a big possibility that they will become your regulars. Our students are people, regular people. Connect with them on a personal level, show them that you are here to help them, and teach them something of value, and they will certainly book you again.
Q.Where can I get help during classes?
A.We employ real-time support for our trainers during class hours. Should you have any concerns during and about the lesson, our Admin Support team will be more than willing to help out.
Q.I am currently employed/applying for a job at another online English tutorial company. Am I still allowed to apply at Bizmates?
A.Yes. We, too, want you to select the best online school for you. All schools have different systems and corporate cultures. So we allow you to apply to Bizmates and our competitors simultaneously, in order to give you ample time to make a sound decision on which company you prefer. However, you will not be allowed to have any open teaching slots with our competitor once you start teaching at Bizmates. Please note that the violation of the non-compete terms will result in the immediate termination of your employment with us, if ever you are hired.
Q.What is the teaching schedule at Bizmates?
Our current teaching schedule is as follows:
- Weekdays: 4am-9am and 8pm-12mn
- Weekends and Japanese holidays: 6am-11am and 5pm-12mn
You may choose the number of hours you wish to teach from the given schedule as long as you meet the required minimum number of 10 hours per week.
Q.What are your payout options?
- For applicants living in the Philippines: BPI is the *only* option. We can assist you in opening a regular BPI savings account (i.e., Easy Saver Account), if needed.
- For applicants living overseas, but having a BPI account in their name: BPI is *still* the only option.
- For applicants living overseas, with no BPI account: PayPal is the *next* option.
- For applicants living overseas, with no PayPal account possible: MoneyGram is the *final* option.
Q.Do you have any openings for office-based trainers?
A.No. We currently do not offer office-based teaching. All our trainers are home-based.
Q.I cannot record using Vocaroo. Can you suggest a different recorder?
Please try creating a free recording at www.speakpipe.com
; it is mostly similar to Vocaroo, so you should be able to record your voice and send us the link on your online application.
Q.When does a referral count?
A.A valid referral is when an active Bizmates Trainer becomes instrumental in the hiring of an applicant. This means providing support to the applicant while still in the application process (e.g. informing them about technical and career qualifications, explaining the hiring process, giving interviewing tips, answering queries about income/SOPs). Therefore, by writing an active Bizmates trainer's name in the referral field, the applicant acknowledges assistance received from said trainer.