Q.How do I apply?
A.Click the APPLY NOW button found across our website, or click the APPLY NOW app when you visit our Facebook business page.
Q.Do you allow foreigners or Filipinos living abroad to apply?
Yes, we hire Business English trainers from anywhere in the world, provided certain conditions are met.
Non-Filipino citizens living in the Philippines are required to have the following:
- A Tax Identification Number provided by BIR
- A BPI account (not BPI Family) under their own name
- A government issued ID, specifically an updated Alien Certificate of Registration or ACR I-Card with the visa category of Permanent Resident with a 13-A non restricted visa [Permanent Resident Visa]
Non-Filipino citizens living abroad or Filipino citizens with a resident status abroad are required to have the following:
- A verified PayPal account linked to a foreign bank and using a foreign currency (*Please note that PayPal has governing laws unique to each country)
- Proof of foreign residence (a government issued ID with their address is best)
- Knowledge of the basic tax requirement for those residing abroad who get income from Philippine sources (final withholding tax rate 25% of gross income - https://www.bir.gov.ph/index.php/international-tax-matters/taxation-of-non-residents.html).
Finally, please check whether your country has a no-double-taxation treaty with the Philippines, as you will be receiving tax-deducted pay from us. You may still have to remit taxes to your own government, depending on the existence/non-existence of such aforementioned treaty.
Q.What are the positions available?
A.We are always looking for highly-motivated home-based Business English Trainers to meet the rapid growth of our business. As for other non-teaching positions, they are generally offered to our trainers. This goes for all departments, including HR, Quality Control, Operations, Product Development, Recruitment, etc. So, it all starts with the trainer position.
Q.Do I need to have any teaching experience?
A.Teaching experience is not required. Some of our best trainers started with very little or no teaching experience. Passion and a strong work ethic are far more important than teaching experience. Having said that, it certainly helps to have some teaching experience.
Q.What are your Internet and workstation requirements?
- We require a quiet, well-lit work space at home, free from any distractions that may undermine the quality of lessons delivered. We also require a plain white background, with no visible furniture or other paraphernalia that can be a source of distraction to the learner.
- All our trainers use desktop or laptop PCs or Macs (no phones or tablets). These must be equipped with the latest full version of Skype for Desktop/classic Skype, NOT the pre-installed Skype for Windows 10.
- We require a working webcam and headset with mic, preferably with noise cancellation if you are in a noisy environment. Earbuds are NOT allowed.
- A WIRED Internet connection (DSL, Cable, or Fiber) with a minimum speed of 1Mbps download and 0.5 upload or higher is required prior to your application. Your PC or Mac must be physically attached to a DSL/LAN cable, not via Wi-Fi connection. Wireless, satellite, or cellular/LTE Internet will NOT be accepted.
- Finally, all our teaching demos and training sessions must replicate the same overall quality that is required in real lessons. Thus, all interviews and mentoring sessions must be done at the place where you plan to work.
Q.Can I apply for a DSL line after I get hired?
A.No. All applicants are required to have the proper Internet and workstation requirements before the interview. Unstable connection is one of our greatest concerns for this position and one of the main reasons that applicants do not pass our hiring process. Please show us that you meet this requirement right from the start.
Q.What should I wear during the Interview?
A.Business attire. Please treat this interview as if you were having it in an actual office.
Q.Are lesson modules provided for?
A.Yes. Our trainers use Bizmates’ original materials. So there’s no need to spend hours creating your own lesson plans. Nevertheless, you are free to explore and be creative to make your classes interesting for students, as long as it is in conjunction with the lesson module.
Q.How do I contact the student?
A.Here at Bizmates, we use Skype as the only means to contact our students so please be familiar with the main features of Skype.
Q.How can I get regular bookings?
A.The objective is to “wow” your students. Once they are impressed, there’s a big possibility that they will become your regulars. Our students are people, regular people. Connect with them on a personal level, show them that you are here to help them, and teach them something of value, and they will certainly book you again.
Q.Where can I get help during classes?
A.We employ real-time support for our trainers during class hours. Should you have any concerns during and about the lesson, our Admin Support team will be more than willing to help out.
Q.I am currently employed/applying for a job at another online English tutorial company. Am I still allowed to apply at Bizmates?
A.Yes. We, too, want you to select the best online school for you. All schools have different systems and corporate cultures. So we allow you to apply to Bizmates and our competitors simultaneously, in order to give you ample time to make a sound decision on which company you prefer. However, you will not be allowed to have any open teaching slots with our competitor once you start teaching at Bizmates. Please note that the violation of the non-compete terms will result in the immediate termination of your employment with us, if ever you are hired.
Q.What is the teaching schedule at Bizmates?
Our current teaching schedule is as follows:
- Weekdays: 4am-9am and 5pm-12mn for NEW trainers
- Weekends and Japanese holidays: 4am-12mn for ALL trainers
You may choose the number of hours you wish to teach from the given schedule as long as you meet the required minimum number of 10 hours per week.
Q.What are your payout options?
- For applicants living in the Philippines: a BPI account (not BPI Family) under your own name is required. You may open either a regular BPI savings account or an Easy Saver Account (also known as Kaya Account).
- For applicants living overseas: a verified PayPal account under your own name and linked to a bank in the country you are residing in is required.
Q.Do you have any openings for office-based trainers?
A.No. We currently do not offer office-based teaching. All our trainers are home-based.
Q.When does a referral count?
A.A valid referral is when an active Bizmates Trainer becomes instrumental in the hiring of an applicant. This means providing support to the applicant while still in the application process (e.g. informing them about technical and career qualifications, explaining the hiring process, giving interviewing tips, answering queries about income/SOPs). Therefore, by writing an active Bizmates trainer's name in the referral field, the applicant acknowledges assistance received from said trainer.